This year for Breast Health Day, UCD cancer research institutes are holding an ‘open house’ on Thursday 15th October from 4pm – 7pm. The event aims to connect researchers and breast cancer survivors in the hope of sharing information and perspectives.
All are welcome to attend a varied and stimulating programme including lab tours, light rehabilitative exercise and talks on current research and partnering with patients.
List of speakers:
- Clare Corish, UCD – ‘Diet and Breast Cancer Prevention: Food or Supplements?’
- Amanda McCann, UCD/Ciara Conlon, CEO Theya Ireland – ‘From biomarkers to bras’
- Sarah McGarrigle, TCD – ‘Obesity, Lifestyle and Breast Cancer’
- Naomi Elster, Beaumont/RCSI – ‘Moving research from laboratory bench to clinical trials’
- Marie Ennis-O’Connor, writer & patient advocate
- David Gomez, Systems Biology Ireland, UCD
This event promises to provide a fascinating insight into the workings of Ireland’s largest research facility, with the chance to contribute to valuable discussions on the direction of breast cancer research. We hope to see you there.