On Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC) Awareness Day, Europa Donna Ireland and the Marie Keating Foundation invite all those affected by MBC to a FREE seminar.
A range of communication issues can affect those living with this disease, from talking to children and maintaining an ongoing conversation with loved ones, to fielding unwanted questions from others. We have invited Nuala Harmey, a former social worker with wide experience in family support and therapy, to share her thoughts. Her talk aims to gently invoke new strategies for dealing with such complex communication issues.
Everyone is welcome to attend, particularly those living with MBC and their family and friends. Tickets to the seminar are FREE but registration is essential. Please register on Eventbrite.
- Nuala Harmey, Community Palliative Care Team Kildare/West Wicklow
- Outline of supports such as Connect MBC Network online peer-to-peer support group and Positive Living 6 week group-based programme
- Tea with a Middle Eastern twist from The Silk Road Cafe
- Patient advocates on how they manage communication
- Discussion in the peaceful rooftop garden (weather permitting)
Why not make an afternoon of it and also take in an exhibition beforehand at the Chester Beatty Library galleries? With free admission, the library’s rich collections from countries across Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Europe open a window on the artistic treasures of the great cultures and religions of the world.
We hope to see you there.